The most prominent and best-preserved building on the hill was also the first to take its place there overlooking the valley. The Chesterfield Meetinghouse was built of brick between 1887 and 1892 on a black lava rock foundation. The main portion of the building is basically rectangular in plan with a front facing gabled roof. A smaller rectangular section in the rear contains a kitchen on the mail level and another room upstairs. With its simple shape and simplified Greek-Revival cornices, the building follows the basic pattern of most early pioneer Latter-day Saint meetinghouses. Its semi-circular plaque in the gable end inscribed with the date of construction and the entrance porch may be reminiscent of the more elaborate semi-circular gable vent and Greek Revival porch on the Bountiful Tabernacle, a building that many of the early Chesterfield settlers must have remembered fondly.