The original amusement hall was built about 1895 and was the center of dancing, music, drama, and much of the other social life of the community for many years. Old photographs show that it stood like a partner to the meetinghouse, a simple rectangular brick structure with a front-facing gable, a semi-circular plaque over the entrance, and tall windows along the sides with curved tops. The most distinctive architectural features were the prominent quoins or the outset panels of brick on the corners. These were copied from the stone corner blocks on many classical and colonial buildings that gave them the appearance of extra stability and strength. The large room inside contained a hardwood floor and a stage.